1. All applicants will receive a request to their email powered by “CERTN application” within 2 business days of submitting a Lease Application form. It remains the Applicant’s responsibility to fill in the information required in order for a routine credit, identity and background check be performed on each applicant and guarantor.
2. Submission of this webform or the CERTN application does not constitute a lease. A lease is only confirmed once a physical lease has been signed by all parties.
3. The submission of this Application required a $50, non-refundable payment. Should the lease be accepted the fee will be applied as a credit to your account balance, visible on your first statement.
4. Following submission of the Lease request form the unit requested will be placed on hold for a maximum of 10 Business days. It remains the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all information is provided through the “CERTN application” in a timely manner in order to schedule a lease signing date within the 10 business day time period. Following the submission of the “CERTN application” for all parties, it could take up to 3 business days to process an acceptance.
Tenants are required to make proper and conscientious use of the premises. Tenants must keep their apartment in a state of cleanliness and make minor maintenance repairs, with the exception of those resulting from dilapidation or a fortuitous event. Tenants are required to cover any damages caused to the rented apartment.
2. GARBAGE AND RECYCLING
Tenants agree not to throw garbage in yards, back lanes, or building staircases, hallways, and all other common areas. Tenants must put household garbage in appropriate containers in designated areas, according to waste collection dates and times.
3. HALLWAYS AND ENTRANCES
Tenants agree not to use or allow the use of common areas for recreational, loitering, or storage purposes (for example, a bicycle). Canvassing and door-to-door selling are strictly prohibited.
Tenants are required to behave in such a way so as not to disturb the normal enjoyment of the premises by other tenants. Tenants are answerable to the landlord and other tenants of the building for any damages resulting from the violation of this obligation, even if this violation is caused by a person or persons given access to the apartment or the building by a tenant. In case of serious damage resulting from such a violation, the landlord may request the termination of the lease, as well as the eviction of the tenant(s) and all occupants of the apartment.
5. ELECTRICITY AND HEATING BILLS
If responsible for electricity or heating bills as stipulated in their lease, tenants must pay their apartment’s energy bills until the end of their lease. Tenants agree to confirm without delay their service contract with an energy supplier.
Tenants agree to take out liability insurance and provide the landlord with proof of insurance at each lease renewal.
7. WALLPAPER AND PAINT
Tenants agree not to put up tapestry, wallpaper, or paint-including but not limited to: walls, builtin cabinetry, floors, or fixture – without the landlord’s prior written authorization. Ceilings’ original color must be kept. Tenants must preserve the original state of unpainted surfaces.
It is strictly forbidden for tenants to install any kind of antenna on the building without the landlord’s prior written authorization.
9. SMOKING LEGISLATION
It is strictly forbidden to smoke in the tenant’s apartment as well as the building’s common areas.
10. DRUGS AND/OR ILLICIT PRODUCTS
Usage or the sale of drugs or illicit products is strictly forbidden in all the building. Such a practice could force the cancellation of the lease without notice. Cannabis smoking or cultivation, including medical marijuana, is strictly prohibited inside the Premises or in Common Areas
11. KEYS AND LOCKS
It is the responsibility of every new tenant to present themselves with government-issued photo identification to CutCorp administration on site on or after the day their lease begins to inspect and accept the condition of their apartment in order to receive their keys and other building access codes. If the tenant loses the key assigned to them by the landlord, a fee of $25 will be charged for a replacement. A lock or a mechanism that restricts apartment access may not be installed or changed without the mutual consent of the tenants and landlord
12. ACCEPTABLE PAYMENT METHODS
Payments are payable at CutCorp Properties head office. Alternative methods of payment are available through the use of online tools and are stipulated in your lease agreement.
13. LATE PAYMENTS
Rent is late, if not received in full and processed by CutCorp, as of 5 pm on the 1st of the month. It is the tenant’s responsibility to understand both CutCorp’s working hours and the financial institutions processing time to ensure that rent is received on time. Should the 1st of the month be a weekend or holiday, it is the tenant’s responsibility to ensure that the rent is received prior to this day. Late rent payments will result in a $150 fee. If late payments occur regularly it may lead to the termination of the lease.
14. LEASE TRANSFER AND SUBLEASE
A $150 fee is applicable and will be charged to the tenant for a lease transfer and/or sublease. Any transfer and sublease are only permitted with the explicit written consent from the landlord. Short-term rentals are strictly prohibited. The intent of this provision is to prohibits the use of the property for commercial rental as overnight accommodations, via services such as, but not limited to, Airbnb, Kijiji, unless authorized by the landlord or his representative.
15. BUSINESS ACTIVITIES
Any commercial activity that involves visits from clients or partners is prohibited unless the tenant receives written authorization from the landlord and provides the landlord with proof of insurance to that effect. This interdiction also applies to the use of an apartment for daycare services, whether there is compensation or not.
Excessive noise is not permitted at any time. Tenants agree to keep as quiet an environment as is possible between 10 pm – 8 am.
Tenants agree to maintain heating at a minimum of 18 degrees Celsius at all times.
18. HOME THEATRES
It is strictly forbidden to use a subwoofer for a home theatre, a computer, or any other electronic device.
Only one private passenger vehicle (prohibited vehicles include trucks, campers, trailers, etc.) may be parked in the space assigned to a tenant. Tenants may not use parking spaces reserved for visitors or other tenants of the building. Tenants agree not to use their parking space for vehicles or objects for storage purposes. Moreover, the tenant agrees to vacate the parking space for snow removal purposes.
20. SIGNAGE AND APPEARANCE
It is strictly forbidden to hang on apartment windows, balconies, walls, or roof any object that could alter the appearance of the building (e.g. bicycle, clothesline, canoe, flat). As well, tenants cannot build or install any sign, display, notice, or billboard, nor have them built or installed, either outside or inside their apartment if visible from outdoors.
21. SMOKE DETECTORS
Tenants are required to periodically replace their apartments smoke detector batteries when necessary and to ensure that they remain functional. Should the smoke detector be defective, the tenant is responsible to inform the landlord in writing.
Should the landlord execute repairs for damages caused by a tenant, the tenant will be charged for all repair costs.
No laundry is allowed after 10:30 pm in the laundry room. Tenants agree to not use any dye coloring in the machine and as a courtesy are asked to empty the lint tray in the dryer after each use. Hours of operation are 8 am – 10 pm.
24. MAIN ENTRANCE DOOR
Tenants and their guests are required to keep the main entrance doors closed at all times.
25. TELEPHONE WIRING OR OTHER
It is strictly forbidden to install and/or to allow the installation of telephone wiring, cabling, or any other type of connection that requires the drilling of holes into the walls of the building without the landlord’s prior written authorization. In the event of a faulty installation, tenants may not make or allow to have made any repairs without the landlord’s consent.
26. AIR CONDITIONING
Tenants must obtain the landlord’s prior written authorization before installing an air conditioner. If such is the case, a recognized professional must install the appliance.
27. MOVING IN OR OUT
Moving is permitted only between 8:30 am and 9:30 pm.
28. CHANGES TO THE APARTMENT
Upon leaving at the end of their lease, tenants are required to remove any construction, work, or plantations that have been done. If tenants do not do so, the landlord may remove these and restore the apartment to its original condition, at the tenant’s own expense.
29. DANGEROUS PRODUCTS AND STOVES
Tenants may not use or store in the apartment any substance that constitutes or could constitute a fire or explosion hazard and that could increase the landlord’s insurance premiums without the landlord’s prior written authorization. Without limiting the preceding general point, the use of a charcoal, wood or any other type of stove using flammable materials is only allowed outside and at least 10 feet away from the building. Tenants agree to comply with the applicable municipal by-laws. Tenants agree not to use products to unclog apartment drains prior to the landlord’s written consent, this includes but is not limited to products such as Drano & Drain-Aid.
Under no circumstances is access to the roof allowed except in case of emergency.
31. STORAGE LOCKERS
If available in the respective building, Tenants using a storage locker(s) in the basement must always keep it in order, without cluttering. Lockers must be kept locked at all times. Should anything occur to such items the tenant understands that he or she is storing them at their own risk and Chateau Wilsons’ management may not be held accountable for any lost, stolen, or damaged items. Any personal effects left in the locker following the end of a lease will be thrown out at the tenant’s expense.
32. FITNESS ROOM
If available in the respective building, all persons using the fitness room and/or equipment agree to do so at his or her own risk. It is strictly forbidden to use the fitness room and/or equipment when intoxicated or under the influence of any medication that causes drowsiness. In addition, the fitness room must be kept clean at all times. Postuse, tenants are required to appropriately clean up after themselves and wipe their machines down. Only adults above 18 years of age who are considered tenants inside the building are allowed to use the room. No one is permitted to use the fitness equipment between 10:30 pm and 6 am every day.
Tenants must take measures to have Mail forwarded to their new address before the date of departure. The Landlord receives the right to dispose of all Mail after the lease is terminated.
Tenants are strictly forbidden to permit keep pets of any kind in their leased Premises. The Tenant hereby recognizes and acknowledges that should the Landlord discover that a pet is living in the Leased Premises without the prior written consent of the Landlord, then the deposit shall be forfeited in favor of the Landlord as liquidated damages, without prejudice to any other recourses the Landlord may have against the Tenant, including proceedings in eviction at the Regie du Logement. The Tenant acknowledges having read the present clause and further acknowledges and agrees that such covenants have been considered by him/her and are, with respect to the interests of the Landlord and the Tenant’s neighbors, fair and reasonable. In view of the foregoing, the Tenant irrevocably renounces to contesting proceeding eviction before the Regie du Logement for reasons of having unlawfully kept a pet in the Premises.
The parties agree to transmit/receive all notices relating to the lease (notice of renewal, recovery, tax slip, legal, etc.) electronically to the e-mails indicated on the lease or by any other means of transmission accepted by law. However, it is the responsibility of each party to inform the other of any change to its coordinates, and this in the best possible time.
36. REGULATION UPDATES
The landlord shall have the right, at any time and from time to time during the Term to promulgate, rescind and amend reasonable rules and regulations with respect to the use and occupancy of the Premises by the tenant and the tenant agrees to fully, faithfully and punctually respect and comply with any such rules and regulations.
The default by the tenant to fully, faithfully and punctually perform and comply with such rules and regulations shall be deemed to be a default hereunder entitling the landlord to avail itself of all of the remedies enjoyed by it under the terms of the present Lease or in law.
1. A lessee who subleases all or part of his or her dwelling binds himself or herself towards the sublessee, but is not released from his or her obligations towards the lessor.
2. The lessee shall give the lessor notice of his or her intention to sublease the dwelling. Such notice shall indicate the name and address of the person to whom the lessee intends to sublease the dwelling. This notice is to be completed online through the CutCorp.ca website under the Sublease Request Form. If the lessor refuses, they shall inform the lessee of their reasons for refusing within 15 days after receiving the notice.
3. Payment of $50 is required for the submission of the Sublease request form.
4. The sublease terminates not later than the date on which the lease of the lessee terminates.
5. CutCorp Properties recommends that an agreement is produced and signed by all parties involved in the sublease. The lessee with CutCorp properties becomes a lessor to the subtenants, however, the Lessee remains responsible for all conditions and annexes in the lease. Sample agreements between a Lessee and a Subtenant can be found on the CutCorp.ca Website location under tenant documents.
6. It remains the lessee’s responsibility to vet the subtenant(s). Should the lessee(s) require assistance in the vetting process the lessee may inform CutCorp of their request to perform a background and security check on the subtenant for which all reasonable expenses will be charged back to the tenant.
7. In the event of a Lessee subleasing the dwelling prior to written consent received from the Lessor, the Lessor reserved the right to TERMINATE the lease without any notice or delay.
1. Where a lessee assigns his or her lease, the lessee abandons all of his or her rights and transfers all of his or her obligations in respect of the dwelling to a person called the “assignee”; as a result, the lessee is released from his or her obligations towards the lessor and the assignee assumes full responsibility of the lease, its conditions, and annexes.
2. The lessee is entitled to assign the lease with the consent of the lessor.
3. The lessee shall give the lessor notice of his or her intention to assign the lease. Such notice shall indicate the name and address of the person to whom the lessee intends to assign the lease the dwelling. This notice is to be completed online through the CutCorp.ca website under the lease assignment Request Form. If the lessor refuses, they shall inform the lessee of his or her reasons for refusing within 15 days after receiving the notice.
4. Payment of $150 is required for the submission of the Sublease Request form in order to compensate the Lessor for reasonable expenses resulting from the assignment.
5. It remains the lessee’s responsibility to inform the assignee of the required security and financial background check that will be performed by CutCorp Properties ltd. prior to any acceptance of the lease assignment on the assignees and guarantor. The assignees will receive an email by “CERTN Application” within 2 business days, delivered to the email address disclosed in the “Lease Assignment Request Form” under the section titled ”Assignee Information”. It remains the lessee and assignees’ responsibility to ensure the information requested by “CERTN Application” is provided through the application in a timely manner with all information pertaining to the tenant, lease and dwelling are included. Should the information not be received and processed by the 15-day deadline, with the required information, as stipulated in clause 3, the Lessor has the right to REFUSE the Assignment.
6. This lease requires a guarantor. If a guarantor. It remains the tenant’s and Assignees’ responsibility to ensure a guarantor is included in the lease.
7. In the event of a Lessee allowing an assignee to take over the lease of the dwelling prior to written consent from the Lessor, the Lessor reserved the right to TERMINATE the lease without any notice or delay.
** PROMOTION ** Up To 2-Months Free Rent! Learn More